TechSpot

Need help with BFG 7800 GS OC AGP card

By Dennis_84
Feb 11, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to think about upgradig my video card to 7800 gs agp because I don't have pci-e yet, but I only have 250W psu, so do you think that this psu is good enough for this card or not?
    I am not going to overclocked this card at all so can someone please let me know if I should buy this card ot not? I can't afford to buy card and psu both at the sametime, I can buy only card for now. Card by itself is going to cost me around $300 dollars. Thaks for your help
    System spec:
    AMD 64 3200+ 2.2 GHz
    1 GB ram (2 x 512) 3200, DDR 2
    Dell 20.1" wide monitor
  2. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

I don't know too much about graphic cards, but I know that you definately need a bigger PSU :p
  3. Lazareth

Lazareth Newcomer, in training Posts: 32

lol CMH, yes you will look up the specs on the graphic card it self, at least meet the standard, but it is always beneficial to exceed it
  4. Dennis_84

Dennis_84 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 106

I just bought New Antec smartpower 2.0 500W PSU. And I think that should be more than enough.
    Thanks for help guys.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.