TechSpot

Need Help with Blue Screen

By aimshot
Apr 26, 2007
  1. I have a Dell Computer thats kind of old.
    I take care of it pretty good with out any infections but yesterday i scanned my computer and turned it off when it finished and than i got the BSOD. So far i can get on my username
    but no internet. When i try to reconnect to the internet using my wireless adapter, the blue screen will come out and gives me a message. Here: [​IMG]
    I can locate my internet modem but when i try to connect, the message comes up.
    How can i fix this? please help.
    My Cpu Specs:
    Windows XP
    Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz
    256MB of RAM
    Geforce 440 MX AGP 8x Graphics Card
    and i use a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz version 4 adapter

I can provide more information if you need it. Thank you in advance.

2. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx TS Rookie Posts: 1,069

if you are crashing when you use your wireless device then that may be the problem try to uninstall it then reinstall it

3. techbomb06

techbomb06 TS Rookie

usually a memory dump happens when you have the wrong driver installed or something is incompatible like he said try to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it if it still does it try replacing the device it could be faulty. You can also try to start from last known good configuration that worked when you get to the safemode screen.

4. aimshot

aimshot TS Rookie Topic Starter

k but i think i just made the problem worst now.
    everything is now in 4 bit and when i try to change it to 32 bit it wont change
    because i updated my windows and something happened

5. techbomb06

techbomb06 TS Rookie

try to get an update for your video driver from www.dell.com.

6. xxdanielxx

to fix the 4 bit color right click on your desktop select properties go to settings and on color quality select the highest one

7. aimshot

ok i fixed the 4 bit problem but i still have the networking blue screen problem.
    i tried reinstalling the driver for my network adapter but it still doesnt work. any ideas?

8. xxdanielxx

do this disable your wireless device and trie to go on line using a ethernet cable see if this works just to make sure it is the wireless device

9. aimshot

my i dont think the cable will reach

10. xxdanielxx

put the wireless card into a different pci slot or usb slot depending on which type it is

11. aimshot

nope the blue screen still comes up

12. aimshot

bump bump

13. aimshot

sometimes i get a tcpip.sys blue screen and sometimes the message is
    0x0000008E or 0x000000BE

14. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

Did you look for a driver update for the wireless adapter? You can also post some minidump files, C:\windows\minidump.

15. aimshot

ok ill try to post it in a couple of minutes but the problem is i cant even get on the internet on that thing but ive got it to work a couple of times with out blue screen by uninstalling the linksys driver and installing it back along with the adapter but everytime i restart or turn my computer off it will not work and give me the blue screen before i can even log in to my windows user

16. aimshot

minidump files:

17. aimshot

bump
    i think i know whats wrong now
    i think its the ram because now it just freezes when i log in my user

18. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

The most recent dump file you posted is from October. Do you have any new ones?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.