Need Help with Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimshot

I have a Dell Computer thats kind of old.
I take care of it pretty good with out any infections but yesterday i scanned my computer and turned it off when it finished and than i got the BSOD. So far i can get on my username
but no internet. When i try to reconnect to the internet using my wireless adapter, the blue screen will come out and gives me a message. Here:
p4240002vf7.jpg

I can locate my internet modem but when i try to connect, the message comes up.
How can i fix this? please help.
My Cpu Specs:
Windows XP
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz
256MB of RAM
Geforce 440 MX AGP 8x Graphics Card
and i use a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz version 4 adapter

I can provide more information if you need it. Thank you in advance.

if you are crashing when you use your wireless device then that may be the problem try to uninstall it then reinstall it

usually a memory dump happens when you have the wrong driver installed or something is incompatible like he said try to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it if it still does it try replacing the device it could be faulty. You can also try to start from last known good configuration that worked when you get to the safemode screen.

k but i think i just made the problem worst now.
everything is now in 4 bit and when i try to change it to 32 bit it wont change
because i updated my windows and something happened

to fix the 4 bit color right click on your desktop select properties go to settings and on color quality select the highest one

ok i fixed the 4 bit problem but i still have the networking blue screen problem.
i tried reinstalling the driver for my network adapter but it still doesnt work. any ideas?

do this disable your wireless device and trie to go on line using a ethernet cable see if this works just to make sure it is the wireless device

Did you look for a driver update for the wireless adapter? You can also post some minidump files, C:\windows\minidump.

ok ill try to post it in a couple of minutes but the problem is i cant even get on the internet on that thing but ive got it to work a couple of times with out blue screen by uninstalling the linksys driver and installing it back along with the adapter but everytime i restart or turn my computer off it will not work and give me the blue screen before i can even log in to my windows user

bump
i think i know whats wrong now
i think its the ram because now it just freezes when i log in my user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back