Need help with Call of Duty 2 in game error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

When I start the 4th mision of the El Alamein section of the game the level starts to load and then this message appears :

CMOD_LoadBrushes:badmaterialNum:37444

Any ideas ?

Anyone else encountered this ? Did patching it help ?

thanks

mystified

have you tried re-installing the game?

or

using the repair facility when you click uninstall?

Hello

Yep, tried re-installing, same thing happens.

When I go to uninstall I do not have a repair option but as re-installing makes no difference so I don't think this matters really.

Any other ideas ?

mystified, I had a similar problem with the same mission. I also need help!

When loading... after the message comes "The beginning of the End" it crashes, the screen goes blue and the sound of what it seems a tank keeps looping.

When rebooting, XP refers to the error as related to the graphics card; I have a Video Card 256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory X600SE; bought it recently with my dell system.

Already re-installed the game and got the same error.

Please any ideas???

Hello Deloa2

Can't help you much I'm afraid, buying a new disk sorted my problem out.

I'm no techie but have you got the latest ATI reference drivers for your graphics card ? A search on the ATI site should find them. I wouldn't imagine Dell are too hot at keeping the graphics drivers updated and although your machine may be new you don't know how long it has been installed.
If that is the error message you are getting I would start there. I presume you have it running on normal graphics settings not some v.high resolution ?

Process of elimination, can you try installing it on a friends PC, if it does the same then I would take it back to retailer and swap it. if it doesn't then it is probably a graphics card conflict/driver issue.

For what it's worth.

Mystified

Thanks!

I'll check graphics settings in the game options, I'll look into the drivers as well.

Alternatively, I will install it in another Computer to see if that repeats...

When you said "buying a new disk solve your poblem", did you mean a new CD (got a new box from the store?) This will imply that the a file in the CD was damaged when copied? I'm curious

Thanks, I'll let you know if that fixed my problem!

deloa2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back