Need Help With City of Heroes.Won't Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i was playing COH fine and everything was working great but then a few months ago when i was playing these multi colored dots came up on the screen and most of the time it would freeze and then shut down.Now when i try to play it i always get this message saying(your card or driver doesn't support GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array,GL_ARB_multitexture,GL_ARB_texture_compression) then it says (detected video card or driver is currently unsupported)so i try to upgrade my driver but when ever i do my computer freezes up and shuts down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot Ying!

Go this this website:
www.systemrequirementslab.com and run the test for City of Heros / Villians ( which ever is there )

If you get recommended you might have to update your videocard drivers, so go to your Videocard's website ( nVidia - www.nvidia.com / ATI - www.ati.com ) or if your card is Integrated then go to Start > Run and type Dxdiag and tell us what kind it is under the Video / Display tab

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

Thanks for answering,i ran the test and everything was fine accept my video card.And my dxdiag under display it all says n/a.

Your videocard is probably the reason then Ying :)

Could you tell us what your Bus slot is inside your Computer?

PCI, PCi-e or AGP

If you dont know what these look like take a look at these pictures:

AGP ( The brown slot )

PCI-e

PCI

Just open the side of your case and look inside for these little slots, if you see one then tell us which it is and we'll help you pick out a videocard for your price range :)

It doesnt matter what color they are, Even though most PCI slots are a white-gray color

Also dont be confused with the RAM slots ( there is 2-4 that are near each other )

Well if you do have a PCI I recommend getting a ATI 9800 which is probably the best PCI card and will run City of Heros no problem! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back