Need Help With City of Heroes.Won't Play

By Ying4114
Mar 31, 2007
  1. Hi i was playing COH fine and everything was working great but then a few months ago when i was playing these multi colored dots came up on the screen and most of the time it would freeze and then shut down.Now when i try to play it i always get this message saying(your card or driver doesn't support GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array,GL_ARB_multitexture,GL_ARB_texture_compression) then it says (detected video card or driver is currently unsupported)so i try to upgrade my driver but when ever i do my computer freezes up and shuts down.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Hello and welcome to Techspot Ying!

Go this this website: and run the test for City of Heros / Villians ( which ever is there )

If you get recommended you might have to update your videocard drivers, so go to your Videocard's website ( nVidia - / ATI - ) or if your card is Integrated then go to Start > Run and type Dxdiag and tell us what kind it is under the Video / Display tab

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)
  3. Ying4114

Ying4114 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for answering,i ran the test and everything was fine accept my video card.And my dxdiag under display it all says n/a.
  4. TimeParadoX

Your videocard is probably the reason then Ying :)

Could you tell us what your Bus slot is inside your Computer?

PCI, PCi-e or AGP

If you dont know what these look like take a look at these pictures:

AGP ( The brown slot )

Just open the side of your case and look inside for these little slots, if you see one then tell us which it is and we'll help you pick out a videocard for your price range :)
  5. Ying4114

Ying4114 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm pretty sure it is a PCI but it wasn't gray it was black.
  6. TimeParadoX

It doesnt matter what color they are, Even though most PCI slots are a white-gray color

Also dont be confused with the RAM slots ( there is 2-4 that are near each other )

Well if you do have a PCI I recommend getting a ATI 9800 which is probably the best PCI card and will run City of Heros no problem! :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.