Need help with computer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to build a new pc for my studio and i need a little help it has to have atleast 4 PCI slots not PCI-E just PCI anyone know a mobo that can also it need to be able to support a dual core and DDR2 minimun of 6 gigs. also intel has the new conroe out whice is better intel conroe or an amd dual core plus 4 usb and 4 firewire 800 thanks for reading this.

I have moved your thread to our Cpu`s chipsets and mobo`s forum. I have also changed your thread title to something a little more appropriate. Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Requiring 4xPCI slots is going to dramatically limit your Core 2 choices. Most good performing Core 2 motherboards use the 945/955/975 Intel chipsets and these generally only have 3xPCI slots.

You can probably find an NForce or VIA chipset Core2 motherboard with 4xPCI, but then you'll be crippling the Core 2 Duo/Extreme as these dont have the best support for memory latency/performance (i.e. are just voltage-mod'd Pentium D mainboards).

I'd say go with an AM2/Dual-Core for this reason... unless you can find a way to reduce your PCI needs. I'm unsure why you'd need 4xPCI slots unless you have some legacy expansion bus cards your studio utilizes.

If you want more firewires and USB. add a drive thing that goes where a CD drive goes. Or add a PCI card. And why do you need 4 PCI lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back