Need Help With Computer Parts

By xXxZxXx
Jan 9, 2008
  1. I'm currently in the process of building my new computer. So Far I've got this:

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Gaming Case
    Video Card: 8800 GT OC 512 MB

I picked out these from newegg I need to know if their good or bad if so could someone help me choose different parts.

Can the motherboard Support SLI? Because I will be using it in the near future. I also need a good power supply that will run everything plus SLI.

2. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 310

the specs say that the mobo supprts sli. I am not much into desktops but your choice looks good to me. don't save money on the psu. you will need a reliable and powerful one.
  3. xXxZxXx

xXxZxXx TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 77

I don't know any good brands of power supply and such, and I don't if that motherboard up their is a good one or not, or if it's going to break 3 months later. And I just returned my 8600 and went and got the 8800 for 40 bucks more.
  4. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

5. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Posts: 173

6. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 310

yes thermaltake makes good psu's. maybe you should even go for 700w or 850w. but thats a question of money
  7. fenderguy2112

fenderguy2112 TS Rookie Posts: 28

Looks good! Make sure to not go cheap with the psu, it is very important...

8. xXxZxXx

xXxZxXx TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 77

I appreciate the feedback. I have come with the final list of all my components, if their is any products in their you know are bad ( as will die in a short period of time ) let me know.

CD/DVD Drive:

( Should I get a different fan for the processor? )

Power Supply:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.