Need help with CPU

21tim3

Windows 8.1

I recently discovered that while playing games I would usually play and never have a problem my CPU has suddenly been using what task manager describes as 100% CPU on these programs. This occured with some other programs aswell. To back up this, my PC monitoring program has for the first time two days ago, told me that 'whatever' program is using over 90% CPU, when I have never had this problem before using the same programs.

Only recent changes is I updated a somewhat large backlog of windows updates and the desktop was transported to a friends.

when checking msconfig and advanced boot options it appeared to mention that only 1 processor was in use, I attempted to change this several times but to no avail.

I can supply more detailed information if requested

You have GPU Acceleration enabled - - change that as it's also a virus infection vector as no AV available today can stop a virus operating in the GPU

So, the shits hit the fan, after cleaning I am getting a BSOD with bad system config info on startup, with no ability to startup normally. I can however use safemode and have atempted to use DISM which tells me it is repairable but that it cannot download the files when I do try to repair. SFW /scannow finds nothing after verification and chkdsk found nothing either.

Here are my last two dump files.

really need help, without this pc im stuck with just my mac :'(

Capture111.PNG Capture112.PNG

Go to Safe Mode, from there attempt a System Restore from your best Restore Point

Supposedly, I have no restore points :/

My minidump.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    233.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Back