Need Help With Direct3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

changelogerror

I just got a 6600GT and have updated the new drivers that just came out, and updated directX. and for some reason when I go to start/run and type dxdiag and test my Direct3D it appears all glitchy and see-throughy. I have tried everything to fix it, and I recently bought BF2 and when I run it the same **** happens. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be much appreciated! Im sure this had to happen to a lot more ppl then just me!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First go HERE and read my post.

What videocard did you have before you got the new one?

Did you completely uninstall the old videocard drivers, before you installed your new card?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

What videocard did you have before you got the new one?

Here`s what you might try.

Download the free Drivercleaner programme from http://www.drivercleaner.net/.

Go to you add remove programmes and remove anything to do with Nvidia, and ATI(if you`ve never had an ATI card this doesn`t apply).

Then run the cab cleaner for Nvidia/ATi.

Then run Drivercleaner for Nvidia/Ati.

Once done reboot your system, Windows will now install the generic vga driver.

Now install the latest drivers for your card from http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp. Start by clicking graphics driver, then Geforce and Tnt, and finally your version of Windows.

Regards Howard :)

Go HERE and read my post.

This is the third time I have asked. What videocard did you have before you got the new one?

Could you try your new card in another system, just to rule out the possibility of a bad card?

What psu do you have?

Regards Howard :) :)

Its not a bad card, its the Direct3D, and I already answered your question, I didnt have another video card, this is a new system with a new video card. Its not a hardware problem, but a software problem.

I already answered your question
Where? You`ve only just told me that it`s a brand new system.

I asked you to read my post twice. If you had read it, it asks for your complete system specs. Still no system specs.

I asked you what psu you had. Still no info about your psu.

Its not a bad card, its the Direct3D
How do you know that?

Just because it`s new doesn`t mean that it`s not bad.

Its not a hardware problem, but a software problem
Again, how do you know that?

If you can`t be bothered supplying the info you`ve been asked for. How is anyone supposed to help you?

Regards Howard :rolleyes:

Nevermind, as you are asking me really dumb questions and I can tell this is going to get no where. Thanks anyways, I will figure it out myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back