Need help with getting a better graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this, completelly new here.)

But anyway, il just get down to the basics.

I have a:

intel 82915G/GV/910GL

Aaaand im a gamer. This isn't working. My dad bought it because the computer guy said "It plays every game." Well... it does, but it sucks. Horendously. Guess thats what we get for 20 dollars.

So, what im asking is (guess you get this alot)

What graphics card can play games like (CS:S, garry's mod, half-life 2, anything built with the source engine) that wont burn a hole in my pocket from being so pricey?

EDIT: And for anyone who has/played Garry's Mod, i crash everytime i use a PHX item. That's how bad this card is.

Thanks in advance. :knock:

hi razzuri and welcome to TechSpot :D

first off... yes, this topic is in the wrong place. a question regarding which video card to buy should be posted in the audio/video forum. (don't create another topic, if a mod feels it's necessary, they will move it for you...)

now, onto your question... I'm no video card expert (my nVidia 7600GT still handles anything I use) and I know nothing about "garry's mod", but I can tell you this... you need to give more info about your system. nobody can suggest a video card until then know what system you will be using it with. you should fill in your system specs in your profile so that this question never has to be asked again. you should also include it in your original post (people here are willing to help you free of charge, you should make it as easy as you can for them to help you.

the reason(s) why your full system specs are important is; your video card may not be your only limiting factor. you should list your full system specs including: CPU, motherboard, memory, and power supply (and be specific, don't just say [pentium 2.4GHz or 380w PSU], list brand name, model number, size, type, quantity, and anything elsethat might be helpful in answering your question.

cheers :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back