Need help with importing in iTunes from another ipod...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

I was wondering whether it's possible to import songs from another's ipod to my library, and then update another friend's ipod with the new tunes. Does anyone know if this is possible, because I don't think so.
Thanks in advance.

well it seems possible. all u would have to do is take the songs off the ipod and put them into ur library. then take ur songs and put them in his ipod. that seems too easy doesnt it. if that doesnt work then its apple being stupid and not letting you share musiic. i think it is possible though my friend does it all the time. im not sure how he does it though
sorry i didnt help much

You have helped mate, you've made me think! I got as far as selecting "add folder" in iTunes, got the drop down list and selected the folders on the ipod as a "USB mass storage object". Then I wanted to add but iTunes only recognises the first song in each folder, surprise surprise, come to online store please? I think not!

What might be an idea is if I add the songs from USB device via Windows Explorer directly to Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music, then add folder to library from Hard Drive! This should work. Thanks for the headshake IH8PunkRok, Peace.

Dont do it. Apple have build in something that only allows the ipod to be used with one pc. I tried and screwed up my whole i-pod. Bad idea. Just transfer the music by portable hard drive or data dvd's.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back