TechSpot

Need Help with Installing win/xp/pro on laptop!

By AznGirlie<3
Oct 21, 2006
  1. I basically needed to reinstall windows xp on my laptop (Toshiba m65 s809) and I installed Win XP Pro Sp2 on it and I immediately noticed that none of my drivers are installed! My video card/sound card, the resolution doesn't go up as high anymore, and my touch pad doesn't scroll down like it used to! I know that there is a different version of xp for laptops right? Is there a way for me to install xp CLEAN onto my laptop without having to buy something? Thanks for any help!

I know I'm a girl but I do know a thing or two about computers ok?! I just don't know AS much as some of you guys. But hey, I'm still learning! So don't laugh at me! =|

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Have a look on the toshiba website and get the drivers you need there!!!!

3. AznGirlie<3

AznGirlie<3 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ack corrections...It's Toshiba M65 S9093! And one more thing! Sorry~ I backed up everything onto my external and once i moved everything (one folder)back onto my desktop, i opened up my c/program files, i had all these folders in there that was originally there before my installation and I don't know which folders to erase and which ones to keep.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

I'd say it's safe to delete directories older than the installation time.

5. Rik

How did you back them up, by just copying them manually or did you use any back up software????

6. AznGirlie<3

I backed them up manually...is that bad?

7. AznGirlie<3

ack...i restarted the comp and now my screen doesn't work!! =|

8. Rik

If you had used the file and settings transfer wizard it would have been a lot easier as it puts the files in the right place for you!!!! Too late for that now tho!!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.