Need help with internal Webcam

Innotime2

Ok I have been stuck since yesterday with this webcam. I have a Acer 5734z with Windows 7 x64. I just did a factory restore and with my webcam the box is all black, does not display a picture. The device manager shows no yellow !. When I go to testmywebcam.com shows all black same thing. I have tried a few different drivers. No matter what it's all black whether it's acer crystal cam or testmywebcam. Says everything is working fine just can't see anything. A link below to show exactly what I am seeing from someone who had the same problem.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=w0t6di&s=7#.UliC9xDEPow

Hardware ID:
USB\ VID_0402&PID_5608 &REV_0100&MI_00

On the actual webcam itself:
lts09p2sf119 fw 0009

Have you tried going to the webcam manufactures website to get drivers for it?
Why don't you try this link http://www.test-my-cam.com/

I tried using your link by copying/pasting it & it did nothing.

Going to the link I posted, I clicked on the box Test my webcam.JPG
& then another box shows up in which you have to click on ALLOW & then you should see the image its seeing. Make sure nothing is blocking the webcam.

Sorry been busy, yes went to your link and same black box. it recognizes the webcam, doesn't say anything it not being connected just shows a black box instead of the cam.

Of course my luck, I have about 5 other webcams, go to install a different one and none of them fit, this webcam has a small little slot to connect it instead of the normal plug.

Yes updated with Adobe.

No didn't come with any discs. Built in factory restore. Just restored it, worked before the restore.

On the link you gave in the black webcam box. It says Camera: USB2.0 and FPS:30. I think it absolutely has to be the driver. Problem is where in the heck is the right driver. Been searching, even tried a couple Lenovo drivers that had the same hardware id.

My only suggestion would be to go to the manufacturers website to get the drivers. Other than that, I have no clue, sorry.

Whats the name/model # of your webcam? Go to the web cams website, look for the model # & go from there.

If you go the ASUS support site for your model, there are 3 cameras listed for it under the Applications tab. (It's possible the driver needed is bundled into the app installation).

Problem is which cam application is correct for you. I could take a closer look (tomorrow) but if I had to guess right now I'd say try the Suyin cam app

Sorry a little late but no I tried all 3 and the only one that would actually install was liteon or something? The other said not recognized or please install device first.

Sorry a little late but no I tried all 3 and the only one that would actually install was liteon or something? The other said not recognized or please install device first.

The Liteon app must be the right one as the error messages you describe for the other 2 are just what I'd expect if the app/driver was looking for a device with different IDs

Go to device manager, right click the web cam (I'd expect it be under Image devices) click Properties->Driver tab. Who is the Provider? the Driver Date? and Version Number?

Back