Need help with my dvd player/burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may have seen my previous posting but I now have a new problem with my DVD burner. Original problem was that while I was able to burn movies using both DVD+R and DVD+RW, for whatever reason I couldn’t do so using DVD+R, but just DVD+RW. After googling, it seems like a lot of people have trouble with this burner.

Anyway, now the problem is that it won’t even play a regular movie anymore. These are regular DVDs that I rent from netflix but every time I pop in the disc, it can’t read it. The only type that this currently reads is DVD+R movies that I had burned in the past. So in short, my D drive no longer read regular movies which is very troubling. I can clearly hear the drive trying to read DVD but that’s all it does. I did everything I can to fix the problem including installing its latest firmware, tried playing different movies, and even reinstalling windows XP, but to no avail.

While it would be nice to be able to fix my original problem, at this point, I would just like to be able to play regular DVDs like I was always able to.

If not too much trouble, I would like to get some help trying to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance.

By the way, this laptop is HP zx5070us and the D drive is Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252.

Perhaps your drive has simply had it. Your laser could have become too weak to read and write. I had the same problem and had to purchase a new drive. If it is still under warranty attempt to get a warranty repair/replacement.

Regards,

Korrupt

this happened to me to.

The laser most likley burned out happens all the time. With expert repairman it easy to fix. But.. Big palces like frys probly cant help you. go to local shop mine is Heron technolagys.
sorry for the spelling its 3 in the morning iam tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back