Need help with new Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

prozerran

Hello, Im planning to get a new heatsink, because im planning to overclock my cpu.

Btw, i have a socket 939, amd 3800+

What brand do you guys recommend?

Will most Heatsink fit my mobo?

Thanks~

"Will most Heatsinks fit my mobo?"

If it is built for a socket 939 and you choose one that will fit your case? What is your case? A mid tower?

If you're not worried about getting the lowest temps possible, a good cooler for chips that size would be the Zalman 7700. It definately fits the 939, and fits most cases (including small little mATX cases).

Should give you a good overclock with that.

If you want something bigger, the tT Big Typhoon is a good choice. That'll give you almost the best aircooling out there, with just a handful of choices which would be better.

If you really need the lowest temps, the Thermalright Ultra-120+ would be the best of the best. Even the Soniq Tower doesn't beat it (Soniq tower is still better than the tt Big Typhoon, and is considered equal to the Thermalright Ultra-120 [no+])

Of course, the tT BT would be just about the most sensible thing after the 7700, because the rest would require ATX cases, and you'd have to make sure that your m/b will fit it. Not to mention the cost, or the forces that'll put on your motherboard.

If anyone is thinking about the GeminII, that thing is good for scrap metal. Its too huge, and doesn't perform. Looks good though....

Silverstone make a whole variety of cases (I think). You know the exact model of your Silverstone?

I reckon chances are that its an ATX, so just about any heatsink I mentioned should fit.... You might need to take out some side panel fans to fit the bigger ones mentioned though....

That case should fit any of the heatsinks mentioned. Now, all you gotta do is make sure your motherboard can support the heatsink of your choice.

For something like that, you'd need to look up reviews, or ask people who've used it. Looks like a higher end mobo to me.... Which is a good thing.

I currently use one, and I've put a really quiet fan on it. The temps, at load with overclocking, is still lower than stock, sometimes even cooler than stock at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back