Need Help with Purchasing a Laptop

By DNW2D
Mar 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I need a new laptop and I'm not quite sure where to start because I know nothing about computers. I know that I need something that is very durable because I move my laptop a lot. I do a lot of music downloading, so I guess I need something with plenty of memory, I'm not quite sure. I was reading that it was good to get an external hardrive to add on to the internal hardrive, but I don't know if that's hard to do. I was thinking of going through Dell, but not sure if that is the best bet. If anyone can give me some tips and recommendations, that would be great! Thank You
  2. gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook Newcomer, in training Posts: 528

I would go to dell. Get me one of them XPS lappys lol.
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

How about you look at the three "new laptop" threads just a couple of inches below this one?
  4. DNW2D

DNW2D Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Should I get that external hardrive or is it not recommended? I don't see any recent threads discussing that.
  5. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

You can always buy external storage later when the need arises. Just concentrate on the laptop first.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.