Need Help With Ram (PICTURES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Here is a picture of the inside of my case, the ram is OCZ ddr2 800 MHZ 2gb, dual channel blah blah... i know i know... probably a stupid question...
I put them on the right slots because on the left, the cpu cooler kinda touches.
pictureoh6.jpg

and here is what the manuel says. just the picture dont make sense to me.
neoshooter1jz1.png

and everest! why does it say ddr2800 (400) MHZ??!?!
neoshooter1uv4.png

Both are correct. Either A1-B1 or A2-B2 for dual channel. The slots are colour coded as well. DDR2-800 runs at 400MHz.

hey btw... when i boot it says ddr2 800 mhz 2gb 128bit.. is 128 bit correct? just wondering lol

Ok, instead of makin a new thread i wanted to post here lol, but here it is, im pretty sure the ram i am running is running at 400MHZ instead of 800 mhz... The timings are incorrect are at something like 5-5-5-15 instead 5-5-5-12, and also i check the voltages and there at 1.9 instead of 2.1.. but the only settings after 1.9 is 2.50 or sumthing like that... any idea? i dont wanna be losing out on speed! ;D

akaivan said:
Ok, instead of makin a new thread i wanted to post here lol, but here it is, im pretty sure the ram i am running is running at 400MHZ instead of 800 mhz... The timings are incorrect are at something like 5-5-5-15 instead 5-5-5-12, and also i check the voltages and there at 1.9 instead of 2.1.. but the only settings after 1.9 is 2.50 or sumthing like that... any idea? i dont wanna be losing out on speed! ;D

Dual Channel = 400Mhz x 2 = 800Mhz

I run DDR2 PC2 5300 @ 667Mhz
Each stick runs @ 333Mhz x 2 (dual-channel mode)

If your running at 400Mhz and with DDR2 ram and it's installed correctly it will show 400Mhz = 800Mhz

run cpuz also to re-assure yourself (download.com)

Intel Says.......

peterdiva said:
Both are correct. Either A1-B1 or A2-B2 for dual channel. The slots are colour coded as well. DDR2-800 runs at 400MHz.

Somewhere in the dark recesses of an Intel motherboard manual I think I remember seeing that the 0 socket of channel A must be populated. In their boards it would be a blue socket. The best idea would be to use both blue sockets when you are only installing 2 DIMMs. IDK what color other manufacturer's 0 sockets are. At that point it might be prudent to (as was suggested earlier) RFTB.

Tedster, you're going soft on me, you didn't link 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back