need help with sof2

Status
Not open for further replies.
when ever i try to go into clan i get this message can u help me

server disconnected : you have been kicked via punkbuster (for 0 minutes) ... PB GUID AUTH : UNKN

are u going into a clan channel, then u are probably on a ban list or its invite only (everyone banned except on a list)

Well it appears you don't have punkbuster installed and need it to play on their server. Punkbuster is a utility that most online gaming sites use now adays to help prevent cheating.

If you have punkbuster installed it could mean you are cheating and it found malicious dll files in your sof2 folder.

Not a question about the same game, but, is Punkbuster included in most games now? I remember at one time you were given the option to install it in some games. But I'm playing mostly MOHAA: Breakthrough now and I don't think it asked me to install Punkbuster. But also, I don't play through GameSpy, maybe they offer it, but I hate GameSpy.

I know that in most games that I play, I'm usually in the top 3, but on some of these games, it seems like there are some players that just cannot be killed, and I'm killed instantly. Needless to say, I don't stay on these games for long. I'm just wondering if they are cheating, it sure seems like it. Maybe they are just that good, and I'm that bad.

I'm pretty sure that punkbuster is a seperate application that you have to install on top of your game to get it to work correcty. Basically a third party service.

Im having the same problem with sof but i have got punkbuster and its enabled! Iv never cheated (honest!!!) and i really wanna get on the clan server!
I havnt been banned and its not invite only neither!
Any other suggestions?!

the best thing to do is a complete re-install, as some auto-downloadable patches are recognized on punkbuster as cheating. you may not know that something like this installed, usually its just personalised skins for flags, or osp updates. but every now and then, you get something which will interfere.

so if you can re-install it, do. otherwise go through the folder, and uninstall patches which are never used and anything that you think isnt supposed to be there.

hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back