TechSpot

Need help with TV Tuner Video Card.....

By denz11
Oct 25, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I installed the All in Wonder 9600 - 2006 edition video card to use with my Media Center PC and while using either the All In wonder TV software or the MCE TV software, i cannot recieve a lot of my channels like ESPN, and a lot of good other channels. I have Digital cable from cablevision, can some one help me out ? Could it be that cablevision blocks the PC from recieving the channels? or is it me doing something wrong?

2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

Is the cable plugged directly into the card or is it going through the cable box first?

3. denz11

denz11 TS Rookie Topic Starter

WHen i connected the coax going through the cable box I get all the channels, but then i cant use the guide on the pc because the tv tuner only recognizes channel three, so i have to change the channels on my cable box and i cant change them with my pc remote, now when i connect the coax directly to the card, its scans the channels and only picks up about a quater of them , so when i go to the tv guide and click on a channel some of them dont work

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.