Need help with video issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nork

My friend switched from crt to lcd monitor on a mobo with built in video adaptor. While doing so seems to have lost video. In dev mgr there are yellow marks on pci simple communications controller and video controller VGA compatible. And there is no adaptor info in properties.

Nothing showing there and i cant seem to be able to make any changes. Seemed to me the trick was to get the mobo video adaptor and reinstall it. I got the adaptor files but they wont seem to install, either when i boot to windows and windows asks for the files or when i try to install from dev mgr. Either way i get a remark that says something about the files not being fit for windows or something akin to that. In the tutorial for the lcd monitor it mentions naming the monitor but i cant seem to be able to make any changes in properties/settings/
advanced/adaptor or in monitor. Seems like the system is using some kind of standard vga driver but i cant seem to be able to get windows to change back or to install the onboard vid drivers.
I also tried last known good configuration but that didnt help me, not sure why but it didnt. Also too late for system restore.
Its a P4 1.8 system with built in S3 (Savage) graphics, 512 mg ram, 80 gig hd, win xp pro.

Any advice here?
Thanks.

Your version of Windows may not have the rignt .inf for the LCD. Go to the manufacturers website and see if they have a driver you can download.

I will give any good suggestion a try, so thanks!
The only thing is that i cant even get the onboard video drivers to install. I click on the proper setup button and i get a message something like " cant do installation as.................n then it says "ignore or stop" . I click on ignore and it stops the install anyways.
It seems that somehow the mobo drivers are screwed up and unless someone comes up with another solution i may have to wipe the drive and start all over, which i really dont want to do, all over a monitor, darn!!
This is really crazy, i have never ever run into anything like this, repaired a hundred computers and more.
You see, in windows properties, its all greyed out, there is nothing for an adaptor or for a monitor and i cant do anything there.
I have taken the pc back to my friends as he needs it for work, so i will have to take any suggestions and go there and try them out.

thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back