Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIMMY

Ok heres the deal
I bought a new case a few days ago just cause I think my old case sucked. Anyways, I didn't upgrade anything else, I just moved all my parts from one box to the other. No big deal right. Well when i try to boot up my screen just stays black. I can't get into the BIOS or anything, but all the fans and **** power on. I've tried a different video card, different power supply (350w, same as the one i've been using), I've tried different ram, I even went out and bought a whole nother mobo. Same thing....

I'm kinda stumped, I have no clue what the problem is. I don't think it's my processor, because it's pretty new and I don't see how i could've broken it when I switched cases. The only other thing I can think of is getting a bigger psu, but I'm still not using any more power than I was using before.

I feel disconnected from the world without my computarr!!! HELP ME!@@

yes, i'm sure.

2.8 p4 HT
512 pc3200
abit is7-e
40 gig pos hd (got a new 80 gig sata but haven't been able to use it yet because of this)
ati 9600 pro

everything is connected right. i've had a few people who've built many computers themselves come look at mine and they don't know what the problem is either :\

everything is the same except for the hd, but that's not even connected yet. I just switched cases, nothing is different. I've even tried reseting the cmos, taking out the battery, all that good stuff. :confused:

Well, this is a worse case scenario but is it possible that you could have sent static electricity through your board by touching it when you moved it over? Did you use a static wrist strap? I've never had it happen to me but what I've read in manuals, you may not even be able to tell if that happens until you find out that your equipment is ruined. Good luck.

what were you wearing on your feet, and what surfaces were you standing/working on?

I don't know if it's a worst case scenario or just a new case scenario. The IS7 has 9 mounting holes. Each has a metal looking ring around it. Take the mobo out of the case and make sure you only have 9 standoffs, one for each hole. If it's a known working system that you just transfered into a new case, there is a possibility you have a short. If the 9 standoffs are straight and there are no extra ones, then set your mobo down flat next to but out of the case. Connect everything up and see if it boots out of the case. Also if the case came with a power supply, make sure on the back where the plug goes, that the voltage switch is set for the correct voltage for your country (110v US 220v Europe).

if you are still lost you should take it to a local pc repair shop so as to protect your parts from your actions.

I don't know. I've tried booting it out of the case with both mobos and I still got the same problem. I tried booting it without ram to see if it would post, and again without the cpu to see if it would post. Same thing. I even tried booting it without and jumpers in and no luck. I'm ready to just take it in and pay to get it fixed.

you need both a cpu and ram installed to run the computer at all. sounds like you need to take it to a shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back