TechSpot

Need help!!!!

By jasonzbell
Aug 19, 2005
  1. I have a HP laptop that is giving me some problems. It runs very very slow and often crashes when trying to run an application. It seems to be running at 100% CPU usage. The problem seems to have started when I installed a HP Photosmart program onto the machine. I have tried un-installing this program and I'm still having issues. I went to device manager and it said that "this device is either not connected or the drivers are not installed - mrtRate device." I do not know what to do. The only option I can see is to boot the recovery disk that came with the laptop, but I am affraid to lose my files. Any ideas? If anyone needs more information, as you probably will, I can get into the laptop to check whatever is needed.

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Can you give us some more details? What program is it? Did you install something like an "all in one" HP printer? I have one now, and it is a HOG on system resources. If you have an older computer, I am not suprised it is overbearing it.

Also, give us the specs of your computer please. Or better yet, fill the info in in your profile.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

You can also try editing your thread title, you might get some more responses if you have a descriptive title. NEED HELP!!! doesn't get you very many lookers.

BTW

:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.