Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, ive been looking into buying a laptop for a while now and i am kind of liking the alienware area-51 m5550.
This is what i am planning to put into it
128MB ATI Mobility™ Radeon® X1400
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 2.0GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz - 2 x 512MB
Alienware® Intel® 945PM + ICH7 Chipset
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
80GB Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 5,400 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache
24x DVD-ROM/CD-RW Burner
I do video editing and occasionally play games, superior gaming quality is not a big concern for me. I want to know if this setup will handle my needs. I know some of you will tell me to do research and figure it out on my own and i have but there is a lot of different opinions out there and technology terms that i dont understand, so that is why am asking you
It will cost $1199 but with shipping and taxes it is $1329 , is there something better out there for around the same price range?
This is the website if you want to check it out for yourself
http://www.alienware.com/configurat...code=PC-LT-AREA51M5550-R3&subcode=SKU-DEFAULT

Ok i havent got any answers yet but i have an update i have decided not to go with Vista, instead im going to go with media center . What i have read on this site and others is that vista still needs a few bugs worked out and that it can hinder your computers performance, also it wont work with vegas movie studio 7 and im not willing to junk a $150 software package and upgrade to vegas 8 just so i can run vista. I really wish someone would reply with some advice because i plan on getting it in a week or two and dont want to make a mistake and spend $1300 on something that i cant use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back