Need ideas for new speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkFiNbowL

Hello! I'm planning to buy a new speaker because the one I am using now is like 6 years old. It's pretty crappy, anyways, I need some ideas on which ones are good and which ones are bad.

I cannot buy those 4 or 8 pieces ones because it's just too expensive. Try to limit to around $100 Canadian dollar or less, but with great quality. It's ok if you suggest a subwoofer with 2 tiny speakers, that's ok. Send a pic, spec, and model # for the speaker plz. Thx!

Oh man, you would love yourself if you made some sacrifies, spent a little more, and got yourself an cheap but good brand name amplifier from a home hi-fi store and at least 2 OK speakers. PC hi-fi is naff I think.

Ya I recommend the same.. go with Altec Lansing.. if you have an OfficeMax near you they have a set of speakers for abotu $37 I believe which is what I have now and they are really good. Comes with subwoofer and 2 speakers :).

Ya! That one you said agissi was the one I looked in my local store, and I kind of liked it. Dunno... u think it's good right? I'm not a true person that needs super great sound, but a normal but great speaker :) .. Are flat speakers good? It looks cool i think!

I would also recommend the Creative Inspire sets of speakers. They make the great 6:1 6700 Inspires and the Inspire 4400 4:1s which probably fall within your budget.

Man, I have a 2.1 Set...they pump some serious sound. On my other PC I have some cool looking, flat, black speakers...sure they look cool, but they dont compare to my Altecs quailty wise :D

I have the Altec Lansing 5100's, no problems apart from full and crisp sound of 5.1... AHH. I would definitely go with Altec Lansing, I have experienced and heard nothing but good things; you will like them. Make the right choice, Good Luck :grinthumb !

SharkFiNbowL, don't rush things...take your time, what i reckon is you take a trip to your local store and audition them with your favourite cds. Please keep in mind that power is not always quality!

Yes I definately recommend listening to them if at all possible first. Contrary to most people in this thread I think you'd be happy with those Yahamas, they should be very clear and crisp, and that sub goes lower than those altecs.

btw: any chance we could convince you to resize that sig?

Originally posted by SNGX1275

Yummy..........the sharkfin soup makes me hungry, used to be my favourite delicacy, but quit ages ago for the good of the species.

As some others have said, don't be fooled by power ratings, they can be decieving. A high power ratiing with sorry drivers in the box might not sound as good as lower power and quality drivers. Just go to the store and listen and pick out the ones that sound the best to you at the volume that you listen at.

Originally posted by SNGX1275

Yeah man, its so big...:eek: For one thats too much shark to eat (lord only knows how deep that bowl is) and second by the time u post something it takes up all my screen (1124x864) = :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back