TechSpot

Need information about laptop

By Th3M1ghtyD8
Oct 4, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone have any information (i.e. manual/recovery cd/where can i get a new battery) about a Zenith Z-Star 900 laptop?

Specs:-

Pentium 166MMX
    80Mb Ram (16Mb Ram Standard)
    2Gb HDD
    2Mb gfx
    USB
    8x CD
    TV-Out
    IR

Thanx

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Good luck. That thing's really outdated...I doubt there's any info anywhere.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,556   +301

I found this I didn't do too much searching but that link says they will rebuild your battery for you, although it costs a bit.
    Next time Vehementi maybe instead of posting something udderly worthless you could take the time to look up an answer, or at least save us the time and not respond.

4. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 794

Thanks Mate.

Yeah but do I really need to spend £2000 on a laptop just to run Office :( Especially when it won't be able to play games.

5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

No, you certainly don't when that machine will run Windows 98 and Office 97 without any problems. Even Office 2000 might be OK but based on experience XP might be taking it a bit too far. You should certainly have Windows 98 and Office 97 lying around if you have been using PCs for any amount of time. There's no reason to junk an older laptop if its still working.

6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

source: http://216.218.222.2/cen/N7719.htm

The Raymond Sarrio Company
    Laptop Battery Sales Online
    http://www.sarrio.com/sarrio/laptopz2z.html

7. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Personally, i don't think your system is obsolete.. i have a almost similiar desktop machine. works fine with windows98SE and office 97 and can connect to internet at reasonable speed.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.