Need JPG/GIF/BMP/TIFF print driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Hey, been googling for a while but haven't found anything that looks good.

Hoping to find a freeware print driver to print to bmp or tiff or jpg etc... Preferrably lossless format. Supporting large sizes as well.

Does anybody use such a printer? What would be a good one?

Thx

It's XP

I don't need a viewer, I need a print driver. So you know when you click File-Print, one of the options would be TIFF printer or whatever.
The point is so that from whatever program I'm in, I can choose to print the page into a graphic file.

google for PDF995; it will produce a PDF of ANYTHING :)

from there you can print normally

Nodsu, you changed your avatar, I hardly recognized you :)

Well I gave it a shot with what you posted, installed gs and redmon, created a printer with the MS driver and the RPT1 redmon driver. Created the command file and setup the config, changed paths etc... But haven't got it to work. When I print, a dos box pops up for a second, so I know it's getting to the converter, but the output file is not created, and I can't seem to find a log if there is an error.
But I'll keep working with it and see what I can do.

You can debug this thing manually.. Don't use the port redirector and print directly to file using the PS printer. You end up with a PostScript file. Then open up a command prompt and run the gswin32c command with the shown arguments with that PS file redirected to it. You should get all the error messages in the command prompt window.

Assuming your PS file is in C:\temp, maybe something like this:
Code:
c:\gs\gs8.00\bin\gswin32c.exe @c:\gstools\tif.rsp - < c:\temp\somefile.ps

something happened to my redmon. I had installed them to program files (default) but I thought maybe the space between program and files was causing path issues. So I tried to move the folder, uninstall/reinstall, didn't work. Now if I try to install redmon, it says it's already installed. But if I run the uninstaller, it says error 2, file missing. And I do NOT have the virtual port anymore.
ERRR, anyway, I'll have to fiddle with it some more in a little while.

I do have a PS file I created by printing to a new port which is just a file name (c:\file.ps) and that works fine creating a file. Haven't tried your manual convert yet though, I will in a minute.

If you installed GS, then it probably associated itself with .ps files too. So you can jyst open the thing and use the GUI for conversion.

Kind of defeats your purpose of a TIFF printer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back