Need Major Help New build problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
am having some odd trouble with a new build. I assembled all the parts listed below. It sometimes barely powers up, when iam lucky the psu turns on then continues to reset in intervals of 3 seconds for about 15 seconds then, finally turns on and stays on and gets everything going like the GPU and CPU fan, the Cd Rom everything but nothing shows up on the monitor. Also the 4 pin Cpu fan port on the mobo stoped working so i had to plug the fan in another 3 pin fan port for the cpu fan to work so the fan it self is not the issue. i decided to test out the psu on my fully functional current computer which iam using this very moment the PSU works with out a hitch it turns up just fine on the first power up no resets what so ever works like a dream the nice blue light turns up at the push of the button but the mother board dosent seem to come alive, the cpu fan doesent spin ETC, these are very strange results. on the new build the psu is hard to turn on and keep it going but when it does everything looks fine internally but nothing shows up on the moniter and trust me i have 3 fully functional monitors so thats not the case. on my working comp it turns on just fine never reboots works like its supposed to but nothing on the mother board seems to power up iam not sure what the problem may be, is it the ram? the timings are 4 5 4 15. i will most likely just replace the MoBO,and PSU using Neweggs easy RMA i just bought this 3 days ago. i came here to TechSpot to ask what the cause might be my thoughts are the mobo or the psu or both what you guys say?

I really appreciate your inputs please help a novice individual out

New Rigs Specs

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P Rev 2.0
CPU: Core 2 Duo 6750
GPU: XFX Geforce 8600 GTS
RAM: OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Memory Model OCZ2P8002GK
PSU: OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply
HDD: SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Hello, thesith34, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try this tutorial to rule out the PSU: Suspect a Dead PSU? How to be sure. If it passes that then I'd say it was the mobo because unless you moved the RAM over to the other PC, it shouldn't be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back