Need minidumps analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.

deyhey777

I'm getting an occasional BSOD. It seems to happen when I'm either running PowerDvd or have it paused(which is often enough I'm not sure wheter it happens when it's not running.)

I'm running XP(32bit) on an Athlon64 X2 5200 with Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory.

Nothing is overclocked and my BIOS is the latest.

I've run memtest86+ with no errors(obviously I'm not seeing the whole 4GB due to OS limitations).

I've deleted the swap file and recreated it and am letting windows manage it.

Attached are some dumps that hopefully Howard or someone can take a look at.Thanks.

Hi,

Comodo Firewall appears to be the issue.

Try disconnecting from the internet,disabling Comodo,

and running Power DVD. That may confirm something.

You could try updating/reinstalling Comodo

using a different firewall (Kerio,Zone Alarm),

or reinstalling Power DVD.

Thanks.Are you saying that Comodo and Power DVD are trying to get the same IRQ or something?

Comodo has come up with a totally new firewall that I guess I might as well upgrade to, but I'd like to try to figure this out first.

Any program has the potential to conflict with any other program.

And all security programs should be updated the moment an update is available.

Comodo has been out for a couple years but only got good with version 2.4 which is what I've been using since I built this machine a few months ago.Version 3.0 is a complete rewrite that isn't an upgrade, it's an uninstall, then a painstaking reinstall.

I am going to do that soon, but I'm letting other people work the bugs out first.

In the meantime I am wondering why this PC is getting the BSOD when nothing of significance has changed in a couple months.

In order to try to establish guilty or not I tried disabling Comodo and installing Sygate 5.6 just because I'm familiar with it and it'll only be for a couple days.However it looks like it conflicts with Comodo because I was unable to connect to the internet and had to do a system restore.

I'm mulling my options, but am more concerned with why the BSOD is happening than just doing a quick no brainer fix. I've got Acronis images I could just use but I wouldn't learn anything.

- Before installing Sygate, you should have fully uninstalled Comodo.

Firewalls dig deep into the system,and don`t cohabit with other firewalls, even

when disabled. :mad:

-You could always try reinstalling Power DVD,I suppose.

- If you don`t want to upgrade just yet,I suggested you fully uninstall Comodo,

then reinstall it.(Assuming you have the setup package).It could be something as simple as corrupted file.

- You could also try disabling some of "Application Behaviour Analysis" settings

in Comodo.I disabled all mine,with no ill effects - yet.

- Other than that,just try and think of any changes you made before the BSODs.

Windows updates/program updates/driver installs/ all count as changes.

Comodos gone, I'm cleaning the registry then I'm going to install Online Armor, then run PowerDVD and see what happens.

What did you see that pointed to Comodo?

What Po'Girl saw in your 7 minidumps was the same thing: cmdmon.sys which is a driver for Comodo firewall. It was having a conflict with another software's driver and if you indeed installed Sygate then that is most likely why you are having issues. As Po'Girl rightly points out, two firewalls do NOT get along.

I am curious as to why Sygate? It has not been supported for a number of years. Was Comodo not working properly? OA is a good product, but if Comodo was protecting you you would have been fine.

Route44 -all the info for your inquiry is in the posts already, thanks for the info on cmdmon.sys

cpc2004-Thanks for the links , I need to learn how to debug, been putting it off until "next time" for to long

Oops- and thanks Po'girl, thought I'd done that already.After running all day with no probs I'd have to say all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back