Need New PC Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilmog

Hey, recently, i have grown quite bored of all my PC games (BF2, BF2142, CSS, HL2, Doom 3 mostly) and i am looking for a game that can keep me entertained until games like UT 2007, and quake wars start coming out (Can't Wait!) So if anyone has any suggestions, please post.

PS. My computer is quite powerful, and i am sure that it can handle any game on the market nowdays, so dont let that get in the way :)

Yeah, i already have HL2 and Day of defeat. I was thinking maybe getting WOW again, or Neverwinternights 2. and i am thinking about far cry. is that a pretty fun game?

If you have a very beefy PC, FEAR is a real awesome FPS game. Serious Sam 2 also rocks and is bargain bin right now.

If you're more in the mood for MMORPG, WoW is a good way to lose countless hours of sleep. :)

Another title that was pretty cool for single player was Fable. Yah, it's a console port but still has a lot of goodness in there.

To be honest mate if your getting bored of your current crop of games Far Cry really wont hold alot of thrills for you, FEAR is an excellent game, ive only played the demo but that rocked.

If your looking for something that really gonna keep you busy id suggest something like "The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" an extremley massive open ended RPG that I find great fun not to mention its visually breathtaking views are pleanty.

If that doesnt take your fancy the most addictive game ive played since "Call Of Duty 2" has been "Rome: Total War" while its not everyones cup of tea I just cant get enough of the truly epic battles.

Yeah, i have all of those games that you just listed except for fear, and I'm thinking about that game. Maybe Day Of Defeat source. I have played the free weekends of that game, and it is really fun and fastpaced (plus it is only 20 dollars :)) that may be able to hold my gaming until UT and Quake Wars.

W00T 100 posts

Grats Dilmog =)

Also Farcry is pretty fun if you have a great computer like Sharkfood said..

but if you can run Oblivion then you can run farcry on Ultra =D

Fear is probably the best FPS besides CoD, DoD and BF / CS series

yeah, i have all of those games mentioned except for DOD source, Far Cry, and F.E.A.R.

FEAR is a breathtakingly awesome game. The best FPS experience I have had since HL. Also, Far Cry is pretty good (at least I think so) and Serious Sam 2 is pretty good too, though quite boring compared to the previous Serious Sam games. Deus Ex is awesome, as is Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. Try Oblivion and its predecessor, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

may i suggest a game called 'just cause' one of the newest games out only the demo is available at the moment i played it and i loved every second of it its like far cry mixed with gta. its about 500mb the installer came with pc power play dvd i beleive. anyways the first mission your given is to kill a guy. you immediatly start the game free falling so intense the graphics i would say are sitting on the medium level nothing over the top though the explosions are very realistic. good luck hope you enjoy!!!11

fear and the chronicles or riddick escape from butcher bay thats a lush as game

Hitman Contracts and Blood Money are two completley amasing games aswell although once completed there isnt much else to do with them which is a pitty. Some sort of Multiplayer option would be an advantage but anyway I digress....

Thanks, i will be sure to check some of those out. I might get Wow again, but i'm not sure...

Blood Money is an awesome game. And you can keep playing it over and over again and find new ways to accomplish missions. Highly recommended. Also try Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. I didn't really like Contracts though but give it a try, it's not too bad.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
I didn't really like Contracts though but give it a try, it's not too bad.

lol how could you not like contracts? I played all the Hitman games and the first one that got me so enthralled as to complete it was contracts, thought the others sucked! :) Each to his own though I suspect

Contracts was basically a rehash of the missions from the first Hitman game. They were just redone in the new graphics engine. The only original missions were: The Meat King's Party, a Rotterdam mission in which you had to kill a biker gang leader(can't seem to remember the name) and the last mission of the game. All the others were from the first game, Hitman: Codename 47. Silent Assassin is a lot better in terms of variety and storyline.

I have to disagree there.... sure most of the missions where revamps however they where much more open ended and well thought out compared to the originals, I thought it a great restart to the franchise and can not wait to see what comes next! I feel they can do no wrong with it after blood money

The only annoying thing in the first three games was 47's walk. I'm glad they fixed it for Blood Money though, it's very easily the best game in the whole series.

Now that I agree with... like I said I cant wait to see what comes next but then its hard to top a game where you assasinate the vice president of the USA...

For a couple of great old games try the whole Monkey Island series as well as Grim Fandango. Hilariously funny and great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back