Need new video card that’s compatible with my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mg33

Hi everybody. Im planning on getting a new video card but I don’t know which one will be compatible with my system. my budget ranges from 50-120. I have an agp slot and plan on doing some gaming on the computer (after the ram upgrade of course) and would like any suggestions that are compatible with my system. The computer that I have is a Compaq Presario SR1520NX.I have an AMD Sempron Processor 3100+. Going to get 1gb ram. I also have 250 watt power supply. If you need anymore information on my computer feel free to ask. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for the suggestions but what would you recommend if I wasn’t going to buy a new power supply?

250Watts is kind of too lil if ur planning on getting the vcard and RAM
its gonna help u avoid a big headache in the future when ur psu starts to give out from too much consuption

So I should get the power supply before i get the videocard? If I were to get a new powersupply how many watts would you recommend and do different power supplys fit in different computers or is it like a one size for all type of thing?

I did some research on that videocard you sent me and my only question is if it works on windows xp because all it mentions about windows is that is bulit for vista. Anyone have an idea if a GeForce 6800 LE 256MB AGP is compatible with windows xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back