Need of a Gaming Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.. i want to get a good gaming mouse (65$ max). Cordless is a strict no no. i was wondering whether to go for Razer DeathAdder or for a cheaper logitech G5. I am a right handed person whose crazy about FPS games.

i want a mouse with good ergonomics and fast reaction times
which one should i go for??? Or is there any other good brand that i should opt for??

i heard that Razer mice require smooth surfaces (which is a bit of concern for me as the mouse i use may be subjected to some rough terrain)
DeathAdder got 1ms response time(1000Hz ultrapolling) but i heard that the two buttons around the thumb rest is abit awkwardly placed as compared to the G5 which has excellent ergonomics and descent response time.

Please help.

Personally, I recommend going with a Logitech MX518. I bought it when I built my system, and it's a pretty good mouse. It has three different default dpi settings. It goes up to 1600dpi max I believe. It's really comfortable too. I can rest my entire hand on it just about (and my hands are kind of big). I got it for about $40

Logitech G5's are down to about 50 bucks now... it's basically an MX518 with 1 less side button, but 2000 DPI and the ability to track on glass (well at least mine can anyway).

If you were willing the stretch your budget, the Logitech G9 is the best gaming mouse on the market, but it's quite expensive.

I really like the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer v3.0

It's not very expensive but it's what I've grown comfortable to using over the years... It's kinda big so if you have small hands maybe not...

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer v3.0!!I'm Playing lots of shooters with it and its a great resistant mouse.Good key-programming software and 5 buttons.

I used to have the Logitech MX518 and it was a great mouse, until my brother killed it by dousing it in Coke. I have also used the G5 and it was okay. Now, I'm using a Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000, which is excellent as well, except for the side-button placements. But it's comfortable and easy to scoot across the pad. Also, it's a laser mouse, so it works on any surface, not to mention cheaper than other mice. But if you can find the MX500 or the MX518, you'd be getting the best deal.

I use a Logitech G7 and I've been pretty happy with it. The buttons are have good placement and the ergonomics are great. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back