Need Password For Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people well i'm new to this site so I hope I found the right forum to post this. Anyways I just bought a Dell Latitude D600 from EBay it is a Christmas present to my daughter.When i start it I keep being aske for a password. The Screen says "This computer system,#F8Z4P31-595B is Protected and so forth. I tried to reach the person that sold it to me but still get no reply. I am getting frustrated with this cause Christmas is just around the corner and I would love to give it to her. If there is anyone out here that can help me with a password It would make my daughter and myself very happy. Thanks for your time people and thanks for your help.

LittleNish

I agree with Nodsu. Probably the reason why you cannot contact the seller. Ebay can be dodgey. Report it to them. As far as i no the laaptop is probably bricked.

You may be in luck since it is a Dell. If you have the service tag# AND the express service code# you still have a chance. The numbers are located on the bottom of the laptop. If you do not have these numbers you are probably out of luck.

If you do have these numbers this is what you need to do.

Go the the Dell web site and transfer ownership to you.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer

The web site says that the name of the previous owner is required (with a red star) but also states that if you have the express service code you do not need the name. What you need to do is put anything in the name fields and use the service tag and express code number and it will transfer the ownership. The site demands that a name be supplied but does not check if you have the code.

Once that is done just call the Dell support line and tell them your bios is locked and they will run a program with the codes from your screen and "most" of the time they can unlock your bios. You might also need to have them run the program again for your hard drive.

I ran into this problem and they were able to unlock both passwords within about 5 minutes. The key is to transfer the ownership.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back