TechSpot

Need some advice on these pc parts.

By egg
Jun 18, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I'm a noobie and after hours of research, I think I finally have all the parts I need (to play css and hl2 on max). Here it goes:

-Power Supply
    -Video Card
    -Ram
    -Processor
    -Motherboard
    -Case Cooler
    -CPU Cooler

I'm about 99% sure these are all compatible. My question is, will I be able to run games like CSS on relatively high settings and still be able to use my comp for Flash MX/Photoshop cs2/etc? How do you overclock my processor and what would I need to keep it from overheating? Thanks guys. :D

2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

I would get an Antec PSU. and 480 Watts would be the starting point.

3. egg

egg TS Rookie Topic Starter

Looks alright apart from the psu though?

4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

The setup you listed should be adequate for your stated purposes. if it were me and I were upgrading I would be going with Intel's new Conroe and a 965 chipset.

5. egg

egg TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well I'm looking for a budget upgrade. Thanks for your advice. Going to get a 500w antec psu. Thanks. :)

6. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Also, I would change the video card too. I would get a Radeon X800XT or something better. The 6800XT is the budget model of the 6800 series.

However, its all up to you!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.