i am build a new comp so far i have....
asus mobo
2.8c intel w/HT
350w smartblue PS
1G kingston HyperX ram
BFG GeForce Fx 5200 card
60G WD
and generic cd and floppy drives

i have tried hooking up a monitor using the output port on the vid card but when i power up it does not send a signal to my monitor. i dont exactually know if it is the vid or the whole computer itself. The computer turns on fine all fans are working, no beeps on start up, which means it passes post easily but i still get the same damn " self test signal" which pretty much means it is not getting a signal from the mobo to the card to the monitor. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be or what steps i should take to test and see what is wrong with the computer.

What is the model on the Mb?If there is on board video, if so take out the vid card ,enable onboard and confirm your Display ,chord are functioning.
Also try the search function at this site ,it is extensive and you will be able to track many troubleshooting ideas.
Get back to us if you get booged down (with specifics) or let us know how you solved your issue.

the mb is a ASUS "P4C800 DELUXE" i875P Chipset, which has no onboard video. all chords and displays are fine i am using the monitor that i used to test right now typing this message so there is nothing wrong with the monitor. I was talking to a friend online and he had the idea maybe the mobo is bad but if the mobo was bad i wouldnt think that any of the fans on cpu would be on. I could be wrong and i have not had that much experience making a computer. I have an adequte Ps with a antec smartblue 350W PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back