Need suggestions. Sound not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday the sound on my PC was working fine while my sister was using it. Then when I got on later that night there was no sound at all. The speakers are plugged in to the wall and back of the PC (onboard sound).

I looked in the device manager and it said everything was working properly. Eets kind of annoying... any suggestions? (aside from asploding my computer to death and reinstalling drivers)

Also, I checked the volume control and it isnt muted or turned down all the way. I have also tried other speakers/headphones in the same jack but no luck.

Thanks.

i like the asplode idea lol. does it allow you to play music in media player, or sounds in sound setting under control panel? or is the play icon grayed out?

GameJunkie72792 said:
i like the asplode idea lol. does it allow you to play music in media player, or sounds in sound setting under control panel? or is the play icon grayed out?

No, no, and no. I just double checked.

I had a similar problem, but mine was a cord problem. It turned out that the cord just went out. Sometimes things like that happen at the wierdest times. As soon as I bought an audio cord, my speakers were fine.

Firstly before any check of sound Work, Check out is that the driver is correctly installed on Device manger or not?
Go to Device manger on control panel>system>(hardware tabe) choose device manager and than check in the list audio and gaming controller.

It may not need too drastic a solution. Bring up your amplifier (Winamp??) and just check that a volume slider has not defaulted to the off position. I hope that helps.

btraxinger said:
I had a similar problem, but mine was a cord problem. It turned out that the cord just went out. Sometimes things like that happen at the wierdest times. As soon as I bought an audio cord, my speakers were fine.

Hmm... that probably isnt it because I tried headphones. But then again maybe the jack itself died. In which case I have bigger problems... if part of my mb is not working... if thats even possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back