Need to Change C:\RECYCLED TO C:\RECYCLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviouz

is there a way to change the folder c:\Recycled to c:\Recycler in windows home edition. i know i can just change its name by right clicking it, but it keeps coming back as C:\Recycled after its deleted or the PC is restarted...!!!
is there something in the registry i can change to make this folder always stay as C:\Recycler

i have an app that is suppose to cut and paste this folder to another location but with the folder named as C:\Recycled its not picking up, and i really don't feel like going back and re-editing my app all over again...

ANY HELP PLEASE.. THANX..!!!!

Messing about in the registry is not a good idea unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Could you use a workaround? There is no reason why you cannot have both folders so create c:\recycler and see what happens.

i already tried that, and then my app picks it up and moves it to a new specified location, but when i delete something again the folder comes back as C:\Recycled..

so i figure it has to be something in the registry becuz all my other PC's have this folder as C:\Recycler..

Deviouz said:
i have an app that is suppose to cut and paste this folder to another location but with the folder named as C:\Recycled its not picking up, and i really don't feel like going back and re-editing my app all over again...
Mess with the Application instead of the system; much safer :knock:

So you want to change a D to an R ?

This is too frivolous for Techspot :rolleyes:

Come back when you have a gaming issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back