Need to name untitled music files

I upgraded Windows Media Player. After searching my system for media it left some of my music files "untitled." Anyone know of a website that can read and name these files?

you should be able to tell media player to get the info automatically, personally i use itunes as it is free and better i think. go to itunes .com and download it is my suggestion as i have had bad experiences with media player

If you have Media Player 10, it can rename your media based on the ID3 tags. If you don't have tag information either, they you're out of luck, you'll have to edit the tags and rename the files manually.

As far as I know, there is no such service that can tell what a song is and rename it. But there are many programs that can read ID tags of your MP3 files and rename the file itself using that info. Look in the Media Player options there is a section for renaming media, then read the help and info files before you have it rename stuff.

I have use iTunes as well for a while. But after buying a NET MD a few months ago, which came with Sonic Stage. I have only been using it. You register it at, I think, ConnectMusic.com. It will then read the song titles and the artist. Sonic is VERY easy to use. Converting to MP3, ATRAC and ATRAC3 formats.

You may want to check SonicStage out as well....

Back