Need to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

clytndn

User Built
CPU: Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz
Mobo: Asus P5N-E SLI
Mem: 2Gigs 800Mhz
Video: Galaxy GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, DVI, HDTV, HDMI
HDD: 300Gig Western Digital Velocoraptor
This pretty much the system that I have (other than a couple of DVD RW players) and I really need to upgrade my power supply as I keep getting blue screens and was told this is probably the reason why.
The case I bought came with a power supply AND it had a PCI-E 6-pin connector so why would I need anything bigger right? Wrong! I didn't read the specs on the new video card and it requires at least 400W power supply and a combined 26A at 12V which I don't have (mine is a 330W w/12V@12A.
Any suggestions to exactly which power supply I should get would be extremely helpful as I am power supply stupid and there are so many to chose from!
I have bought all my computer stuff through compusa.com and have a gift certificate that will cover some of the cost so I would appreciate any suggestions come from them if possible.
Thanks So Much!

You could go with this PSU instead and save a little cash. It will also be able to handle two 9600GTs with ease, in case you want to go SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back