TechSpot

Need upgrading, please help

By metalring
Dec 26, 2006
  1. Hello guys, I'll like to say hello to everyone again! :)

I have a VAIO pcv-rs630g. Yeah yeah, I know, why on earth did I buy a Sony. Well trust me, now I know. After being inactive in the computer world for over 2 years, I'm trying to make a comeback, but its hard. I was looking at video cards and found out that PCI-E took over the market. I, of course, have not such slot. So apparently from ATI the best I can get is the radeon x1600 pro. I was about to get it when I read some stuff about how AGP is pretty much a waste of money nowadays and that I should get a PCI-E card and so forth. Well, not wanting to get a new machine, I was looking at upgrading my mobo, but, of course, Sony is not exactly upgrade friendly. What can I do? I'm working my way back into pc gaming with my sights on LOTRO. All your help is appreciated. Should I get the x1600 anyways, will it make a difference? The system comes with a 3.2 Ghz P.4HT, I upgraded to 1.5Gb. I'm running a radeon 256mb 9600.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,060   +169

Your right about the Sony Vaios not being upgrade friendly... Stay with what you have

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.