• Guild wars

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • World of Warcraft

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoW Ryan

Hi everyone, I am about to buy a new game...either guildwars or World of Warcraft. I would rather World of warcraft but, i dont want to keep paying monthly fees to play. i was wondering if you have to pay monthly fees for guildwars?

Anyways i was wondering what you people would buy? Guildwars or World of Warcraft?
Thx lemme know

I would classify Guild Wars as a Light MMORPG. The material can get a bit boring sometimes, (alot of go here and kill this, than come back) type of missions. PVP can help bring the fun back.

Now I have not played WoW, but have quite a few friends who do. They play alot. alot So blizzard must be doing something right.

And remeber that subscription fee help provide for new content and support. But GW is a fun game.

It is really only a decision you can make.

Sean

As already verified, Guild Wars has no initial or monthly membership fees. You just buy the game and play all you want, never any charge for playing.

If you're hesitant on paying monthly fees, I'd say go for Guild Wars. Worst case scenario is- I feel most people will at least get their initial cost out of it even if they tire of it after a month of two.

I also dont think you can compare Guild Wars with WoW since WoW has a monthly fee for a good reason- lots and lots of content, tweaks, tuning.. changes, class balances, bigger focus on market/economy, etc.etc. While Guild Wars is an excellent and enjoyable MMORPG, it's greatly simplified when compared to the likes of WoW, EverquestII or other monthly-fee MMORPG's.

I havnt myself played either of these games but many of my friends do. They started with GW and then went on to WoW. They seem to like WoW better, but keep in mind they have no life and spend 10 odd hours per day on the comp. Unless you also have no life, you may not want to buy the reasonably pricy WoW.

Regards,

Korrupt

I'm totally bias, but i LOVE WoW I play it ALOT as well, maybe +15 hours per day aybe if i forget to sleep.

WoW gets my vote.

Gw Ftw

i have guild wars and the sequal and i cant wait for nightfall

this is a debate i see a lot

i kno ppl who have WoW and pay for it and i have to say if you are even hinting at the idea that u might have a problem with the monthly fees save yourself the pain and get guild wars

i kno some ppl who pay for WoW but still play more guildwars

Pros for Guildwars

One time fee-(buying game)
Player Verses Environment (story line) is awesome
Player VS Player is incredibly addictive and competitive and u dont have to log 823894776 hours to be able to compete
Great graphics/sound ect.
Few bugs
great support
DEEEP storyline and is actually a pretty good story
expansions are stand alone games also
GREAT PROFESSION BALANCE

i could seriously go on about guildwars for a lot longer but let me just get to the whole point of this debate

JUST GO BUY GUILD WARS

all this talkin about it is gettin my hyped up for some Hall Of Heroes!!! im gunna go play Guild wars buh by!

p.s. if u buy guildwars or anyone who reads my review u can add my to your friends list in guildwars IGN (in game name for you newbs) --- Srak Scream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back