Need your help guys - Getting no video signal out of my Video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonisaksson

Hi guys,

I need your help. I have built quite a few computers over the years but I just cant seem to be able to solve this problem

I built this new computer and at the first boot everything was working fine.
I did some minor changes (or at least that is what I think). But now my graphics card doesn’t give out any video signal.

I have moved the graphics card to another computer where it worked fine so I suspect it was something in bios that I changed that has caused this.. though I cant see how or what I could have done.

The only thing I changed that referenced the graphics card was that I noticed that in bios the setting “Primary Graphics Adapter” was set to “PCI” as I have an AGP card I assumed this should be changed to “AGP” so I changed that.
The boot up sequence sounds like it is working fine, just that the there is no video signal.
Also I have cleared CMOS which didnt seem to make any difference.
My motherboard is 939Dual-SATA2, and I have tried with 2 different AGP cards neither worked in this new computer

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Jon

try resetting the cmos. your motherboard maunual should have the instructions for manually resetting th e cmos by moving the cmos jumper. if not just unplug the machine and hhold the power buttonin for several seconds to drain any residual power then remove the cmos battery and let it set for 15 min. then reseat the cmos battery and power up. it should oot with the default cmos settings.

Thanks ISS for the really quick reply.

I cleared the CMOS but unfortunately didnt that help.

Any other ideas on what could be going on here?

Cheers
Jon

ok since it was showing PCI in the bios does your board by chance have onboard graphics, and you have installed an AGP card? if it does have onboard graphics have you made sure that the monitor cable is connected to the Video card adn not the onboard graphics ports?

Hi,

Thank you guys, I have actually got one step further now. Now I come to the first boot up screen. Basically, rather than go via the DVI-I output I tried the VGA port and that does give me a video signal. So now I get to the first boot screen.
Where it says the bios version and the memory check (which it says is OK). But it doesnt go past this screen and in the bottom right hand corner I now see 0075.
Which I assume is some sort of error code?

I am starting to wonder if this is a PSU problem? Especially as the boot up to that screen is really slow, but perhaps that is just my imagination.

Anyway, any ideas on what that 0075 means?

Thanks for all of your help guys

OK, I checked AMI's homepage and found that 75 refered to "Initalize Int-13 and prepare for IPL detection".

From that I gather it has got stuck on the harddrive or cdrom??
Doesnt seems to make sense though

Just to let you know I found out what the problem was.
The reason I didnt get any video signal was because one of the memory chips werent fully plugged in, well at least after I had fiddled around with the memory everything was working fine

Secondly the reason it hung at the boot up screen was because I had plugged in the IDE cable to one of my CD drives but no power. And as soon as I put in a power cable it booted up fine

Thank you all for helping me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back