Neowin: A closer look at LG's G4 camera performance

Neowin

neowin smartphone lg photography guest lg g4neowin smartphone lg photography guest lg g4

Let's get one thing straight - I am NOT a photographer, but I like taking photos.

For years I have used various Android and iOS devices and felt that the photographing capabilities of those devices were adequate. For the most part, smartphones provided a convenient way to take photos on the fly that emulated the quality of a standard point-and-shoot camera.

While camera sensor technology has improved over the years, many smartphone companies have neglected to expand on features until Nokia released its Lumia 1020. While the device was heralded for its ability to capture amazing photos, the real tipping point would come in the form of the software. While most manufacturers have had an auto / landscape / macro mode, Nokia was one of the first (to my recollection) to introduce a full manual mode with control for focus, ISO, and shutter speed. After nearly two years, major Android manufacturers have finally taken notice and introduced a robust manual photography mode for 2015.

Although we have covered the LG G4 in our in-depth review, I thought it would be interesting to take a closer look at the photo capabilities of this device. As mentioned previously, the LG G4 features a robust manual camera mode that allows you to dial-in the settings to capture exquisite photos.

Read the complete review.

Permalink to story.

Back