Nero 7 Ultra Edition Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been processing my daughter's home movies. I used the dvd recorder at SP to place on dvd. One of the projects is 1 hr 56m 23 secs in length taking up 4.38GB. Using the above Nero package once chaptered and menu are done and I'm prepared to burn it's 4.00GB. I've did a number of projects without a problem and the quality is stated in Nero as excellent and I'm very happy with the burned dvd.

However, over the past week or so I've been struggling because I don't find a problem with the editing of the project, it'll still be around the 4.00GB in length but when processing in Nero it always ends up at 4.37GB and quality stad as Very Good and not Excellent.

I've tried various differend original dvd projects of my daughter and the resulst are always the same. I've uninstalled Nero and re-istalled, same problems.

Can anyone help?

What is the source format of these movies? Maybe the framerate or format (PAL?/NTSC?) is different and Nero has to recode the thing, losing in quality?
How about audio?

No the format is as it should be (PAL). I'm not sure I understand the concept of source format Nodsu, but if I'm right you're wanting me to tell you about the source. I copied the vcr videos onto dvd using the tv's dvd recorder. I set it at sp which means that I would get a bit more than a couple of hours of footage. With regards the audio, I've not found a prblem other than a bit of lip sink in a few earlier projects and that was more likely down to me.

Need to use a better program than Nero for his task.. Ulead products work better and allow you fit a lot of footage onto 4.7GB DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back