TechSpot

Nero 8 fails to save disk label and track names

By AlbertLionheart
Apr 21, 2010
  1. Nero 8 fails to save disk label and track names

I have been trying to make a compilation onto a CD/R using Nero 8. For some reason the name I assign to the CD and the names of the tracks all disappear.

Anyone any ideas - or the name of a free alternative to Nero?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

I don't have the answer but I was wondering what version of Nero 8, the free one that comes with optical drives or the full paid for version?

3. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,026

You made me think about this - it is version 8.3.2.2 - as bundled with optical drives for free. It used to work on XP so I was wondering if it is because my OS is W7 64 bit - will reboot to the old OS and see what happens!

4. mailpup

If push comes to shove, you can always use the CD/DVD burning feature built-in to Windows 7. It is pretty basic but it does work.

5. AlbertLionheart

I'm about to try that - I have updated the app but no good - I have shortened the track names but no good. Someone said try compilation but I have no option for that. Oh well another day wasted!

6. mailpup

7. AlbertLionheart

Cheers - will give it a go - the problem with the W7 tool is that it is difficult to work out if you are overfilling the media

8. mailpup

The built-in is pretty basic and can be a bit cumbersome. I have some familiarity with the full version of Nero 6 (not 8) that I used at work with Windows XP Pro. It worked well and I liked it but I have no experience with it or any other Nero version on Windows 7.

9. AlbertLionheart

Everything seems to work OK but for some reason it fails to write the track names or the CD album name - so far I have a nice stack of failed CD/Rs and getting desperate!

10. mailpup

Can you enable Nero to seek that info from the internet? I've had to do that when burning CD tracks using a Roxio program. As I recall until I did that I didn't get the track names either.

By the way, may I suggest, if possible, to use a rewritable CD to experiment with until you find success? That's what I do when I first try out something out.

11. AlbertLionheart

I stopped that as this is a compilation of Irish music, some of which is very old and some which was a private recording anyway so there would be no record on the net for the tracks.
    I am going to try the Ashampoo product in case that is any better!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.