Nero BackItUp problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone!
well, im having problems with nero backitup. I did my backup and everything, the thing is that it is not recognizing a cd and the NB.txt shows the same cd id as the program. I realized that i can recover the file manually, I was wondering if there's a faster way to do it manually, if not, how can I fix this problem?

thank you for your patience.

Welcome to Techspot!
Dan... Take a little more time and be specific with your description. When you use pronouns to refer to items there is noway to follow your problem.
What is NB.txt? Backitup does not save files as .txt .
Also Backitup does not recognize " a CD" . Do you mean Nero is not recognizing the CD back up media or the CD writer(ROM)
Does the other programs in Nero recognize your CD drives?
You can use the InfoTool in Nero to confirm the writer and check to see if your ASPI layer is installed correctly.
"Recover the file manually.... more quickly" ?????????
What exactly is the process you are referring to?

Well sorry I replied so late...

Well, you see the thing is that Nero BackItUp saves a file NB.txt. In this file, there is a CD ID, which is a number that must match with the one the program gives you. It is a cd ID that you can check to make sure you have the right cd. Well, Nero is not recognizing the CD eventhough the cd ID matches. I tried everything, from burning the cd again, to reinstalling the whole program all over again.

I realized that when I go on the files on the cd, I can restore the files by double-clicking... but it takes too long!...

What else can I do?

If i understand you right ; Nero is not comepleting a file recovery because it does not recognize the CD that it made the backup file on.
I can only think that the Brand of CD is wrong for Nero.
I would try different Brand's of CD.
Try a Head cleaner for your Rom drive.
You can also force Nero to write to the CD slower during the burn process.

Hey guys.

Before i start, i apologize for bumping an old thread.

I haven't posted before but i stumbled across this forum when looking for help with a similar problem.

I have backed up all my important files from my hard drive, and reformatted my computer. Now, i have installed Nero again and tried to get my files back, but i am having some troubles.

The program left a notepad titled 'ReadMe.txt' in my top directory.
Note: The backup information file (*.nbi) is stored in the root of the last backup disc. This file is needed for restoring or continuing the backup.

I cannot find any *.nbi file on the disc, even after searching and manually looking through every file.
I have tried to open the files manually but i get an error saying im not permitted to.

In my own opinion, i believe that this could be caused by different Nero versions being used to the one that burnt the disc. When i completed reformatting i tried to install Nero but i have 4+ seperate copies. When i tried installing the one i believe is correct i receive an error saying some files on the disc are corrupt/missing/damaged and that the installation cannot continue. Now i am running an older version, so i am going to install newer versions and see if i can get my files back. I'll let you know how that goes.
But if you can think of anything else that may assist me, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back