Nero Burning Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredericklee

Hi

I'm using Nero 5.5.2.4, and when I tried to burn a .avi format movie into VCD, The encoding video part took about 3hrs to complete, anyone knows why and how to solve it?

Thanks

It's gonna take a while, especially on an 833, to encode from what is probably a divx file to vcd. When I do it sometimes it can take an hour or two as well.

Have you done much video encoding in the past? It's not a fast process by any means. I built my last machine with 2 purposes; to encode SVCDs and to play games. I keep the machine very clean - no crap - no antivirus - nothing. Not even an Office application. It still takes me 5 to 6 hours to encode a full movie to SVCD. I don't think anything is broken - it's just what you're gonna get till machines get faster.

LNCPapa

Did it actually work? I've waited for nero to re-encode a file for several hours before and then had it come up with an error. I don't remember what the error was now because I got it a couple times last semister and I just learned from that not to try to get somethign on a vcd that nero doesn't like right off the start.

Previously it works for me, but when I tried to burn into VCD for the past few days, it doesn't work.

After I waited for a few hours to finish encoding the video, all the nero application that was open closes itself without creating the VCD.

Anyone knows why?

Have you tried doing the conversation with some other program beforehand, ensuring that it plays and then burning?

Unless you're going to play the movies on a standalone VCD/SVCD/DVD player, I recommend burning the movies as normal files (DivX, for example) to CD. That way you won't decrease the quality so much.
Try converting the clips with TMPGEnc. The settings are as follows:

NTSC Film: resolution 352 x 240, framerate 23.976

NTSC : resolution 352 x 240, framerate 29.97

PAL : resolution 352 x 288, framerate 25

Bitrate should be 1.150 Mbps, audio MPEG Layer II, 224 kbps, 44.1 KHz, 16 bit, stereo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back