TechSpot

Nero Express problem! SOS!

By Pete J
Dec 5, 2005
  1. Hello everyone

I am using Nero Express 6 to copy some DVD's for backup purposes. I am also using DVD43 to overcome the copyright protection.

Here is my problem. Tonight I tried to back up my copy of "The Island." I went through the CD copy option (selecting DVD copier of course). I had about 7GB of free space, and so Nero started copying the image to my HDD.

However, I encountered an error and had to close. Now my C: only has ~2Gb of space left and so I cannot try and copy again.

What I need to do is somehow delete the image that Nero had previously stored in order to try again. Does anyone know where Nero Express ususally stores these images? I have tried shutting down but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,469   +327

run the cleanup tool to delete stuff you no longer wish to keep

go to 'help & support,
    'performance & maint'
    freeing up disk space
    disk cleanup​

it is ALWAYS safe to empty \windows\temp
    and your Local Settings\Temp and the
    Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

the next place to look is a subfolder under the directory in which you
    installed Nero

3. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 700

Nero by default uses Win/Temp folder for burn projects...sometimes it doesn't always get rid of these files after a burn
    If you go to Nero/Tools you can create your user-defined folder...i have mine set to 900 MG. and have it on another partition. After each burn i know i can log that folder immediately and delete all data.

patio. :cool:

4. Pete J

Pete J TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks everyone!

I had actually tried looking through the Nero files and using the cleanup tool but to no availl.

Then I saw something on google that said that Norton Antivirus often does not allow hard disk space to be freed up until you purge your Recycle Bin. I did that, and suddently I have 9GB free! :bounce:

5. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 700

Having 9G. in your Recycle Bin is to me a very valid reason for dumping Norton and looking elsewhere for protection...

patio. :cool:

6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Yes, Norton Anti-virus used to be bundled with Norton Protected Recycle Bin.... Seems like a waste of resources to me. I'd uninstall it if all possible. I never really could understand the benefit of NPRB.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.