Nero Express problem! SOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

I am using Nero Express 6 to copy some DVD's for backup purposes. I am also using DVD43 to overcome the copyright protection.

Here is my problem. Tonight I tried to back up my copy of "The Island." I went through the CD copy option (selecting DVD copier of course). I had about 7GB of free space, and so Nero started copying the image to my HDD.

However, I encountered an error and had to close. Now my C: only has ~2Gb of space left and so I cannot try and copy again.

What I need to do is somehow delete the image that Nero had previously stored in order to try again. Does anyone know where Nero Express ususally stores these images? I have tried shutting down but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

run the cleanup tool to delete stuff you no longer wish to keep

go to 'help & support,
'performance & maint'
freeing up disk space
disk cleanup​

it is ALWAYS safe to empty \windows\temp
and your Local Settings\Temp and the
Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

the next place to look is a subfolder under the directory in which you
installed Nero

Nero by default uses Win/Temp folder for burn projects...sometimes it doesn't always get rid of these files after a burn
If you go to Nero/Tools you can create your user-defined folder...i have mine set to 900 MG. and have it on another partition. After each burn i know i can log that folder immediately and delete all data.

patio. :cool:

Thanks everyone!

I had actually tried looking through the Nero files and using the cleanup tool but to no availl.

Then I saw something on google that said that Norton Antivirus often does not allow hard disk space to be freed up until you purge your Recycle Bin. I did that, and suddently I have 9GB free! :bounce:

Having 9G. in your Recycle Bin is to me a very valid reason for dumping Norton and looking elsewhere for protection...

patio. :cool:

Pete J said:
Thanks everyone!

I had actually tried looking through the Nero files and using the cleanup tool but to no availl.

Then I saw something on google that said that Norton Antivirus often does not allow hard disk space to be freed up until you purge your Recycle Bin. I did that, and suddently I have 9GB free! :bounce:

Yes, Norton Anti-virus used to be bundled with Norton Protected Recycle Bin.... Seems like a waste of resources to me. I'd uninstall it if all possible. I never really could understand the benefit of NPRB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back