TechSpot

nero

By Soap
Jul 1, 2003
  1. is it just me or was nero faster before they included nero express with the installation???

2. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 863

Faster on installing, buring, what?

Also depends on your computer.

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

Nero launches a whole lot faster for me ever since I installed the 5.5.10.35 update - prior to that it took a little while to launch.

LNCPapa

4. Soap

Soap TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 72

nero isnt burning as fast as is used to.

it takes at least 2minutes longer than it used to.

5. XtR-X

Did you make any major changes to your computer or downloaded anything big, or alot of things? Did your computer recently have problems? Have you unistalled and then reinstalled nero and just noticed?

A little more info please.

6. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

I havent noticed any difference in speed with the newer versions but I have noticed they dont seem to be able to get the bugs out of version 4 of InCD. I have tried both releases and both were buggy and didnt work right.

7. XtR-X

It's best to upgrade to the latest version. I figured it out the hard way when I didn't want to do that and I installed Easy CD Creator 5.

8. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 592

haha

easy cd creates a mess............it's all in the burner.........what, it takes maybe a minute?.........geez, who gives a rip if the application is slightly faster/slower.......it's good , and, it's easy.......wtf :grinthumb

9. XtR-X

Lol, this thread is pointless.

10. Soap

Soap TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 72

well major change ive done i wiped my windows 2000 pro and now have xp pro on the computer and left alot unused programs that i had installed on 2000 off the computer.

11. XtR-X

Lol, THANK YOU. Well obviously, your operating system or your drivers or what you run in the background has alot to do with it. Not all programs are fully tested for Windows XP as the warning gives you.

12. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Surely, the record speed is dependant on what setting you choose in the 'burn' dialog box (normally set to 'maximum'), so where exactly is it slowing down? Try downloading the latest version of Nero and see if that helps.

13. puck_andy

puck_andy TS Rookie Posts: 32

Nero won't recognize my burner at all. any suggestions?

it is a 52x verbatim by the way. am I missin a driver or something? I'm lost

14. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

are you running the latest version of nero? 5.5.1042

15. XtR-X

It's definately the drivers. They won't recognize new CDROM drives without certain patches. http://www.nero.com

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.