Netbook not loading Windows XP

spkenny

I have a Compaq mini 110c netbook that a customer brought to me. What the computer was doing was getting right past the Windowsxp logo loading screen, then would reboot. Assuming it was due to infections, my customer decided it would be better to simply re-format and save time on scanning for viruses. Upon installing the windows xp disc, it loads all the initial information, then goes to a blues screen error Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF7A22524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Looking up information by microsoft concerning very first of the error code, it indicated a few
options, 1 of which was to wipe and repartition the hard drive. I have zeroed out the hard drive with Webroot hard driver eraser, and put the hard drive back in. The same thing is still happening, so I then tried a different winxp disc in case this was the issue. This time it got past the loading of the initial files, and got to the screen that asks if I want to repair, etc. I selected to make a new partition, and now It says no hard disk can be found. I currently have the hard drive on a scanner for bad sectors, and will get back with my results. However I am wondering if this particular netbook would need a SATA driver installed from the F6 option in the installation. I have looked on compaqs site, but cannot find one for download. Thank you anyone who can help.

Ok, so I found the problem and solution. Basically I needed the SATA driver like I was saying earlier. I wasnt able to find this driver under anything reguarding the downloads on the compaq/hp site, so I dug around on the net and found the SATA driver download, installed onto a floppy, and away we go! Go ahead and close this now. Thanx everyone

Sorry no one got to you sooner but thanks for posting your solution.

Back