TechSpot

Netbook shipments up 103% in 2009, revenues elsewhere fall

By Jos
Dec 23, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With the line between netbooks and entry-level laptops getting increasingly blurry in 2009, we've wondered how much longer these underpowered machines will remain relevant in the market. But as a year of challenging economic conditions draws to a close, it's clear that the relatively low price tags have made netbooks a hot item among consumers.

Read the whole story
  2. it is really good design~
  3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

...yea if you don't count having no disk drives
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,659   +82

I had picked two of them both ACER Asprire One and the Asus Eee PC both are extremely light weight even though they did come with Windows XP Home making the low price easy to pick them both up now! I was able to use just a USB Sandisk Micromate with 4GB SDHC to install Windows 7 Ultimate on both of them quick! No need to buy external DVD/CD Read/Writer, you don't need to use that older technology. MicroSDHC or SDHC you can hold more data on 16GB as these prices are come down also. I've also increase the RAM from 1GB to 2GB. Asus Eee PC uses PC26400 while the Acer Aspire One uses 667Mhz DDR2. I would buy a 3rd one if I could get it dirt cheap and new!
  5. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 582   +32

I'm actually considering buying a netbook despite some of the hardware limitations just so I can actually try out new OSes on a different pc in a feasible and affordable way.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.