Netflix enlists Adam Sandler to star in and produce four feature films

Shawn Knight

Staff member

netflix adam sandler movies films

The next batch of movies you see starring Adam Sandler won’t be on the big screen. The actor and comedian has signed a deal to star in and produce four feature films for online streaming giant turned production studio Netflix.

In a statement on the matter, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos said people love Sandler’s films on Netflix and often watch them again and again. His appeal spans across viewers of all ages – everyone has a favorite movie not just in the US but all over the world, Sarandos added.

In typical comedic fashion, Sandler said that when the fine people of Netflix came to him with an offer to make four movies, he immediately said yes for one reason and one reason only: Netflix rhymes with wet chicks. He also joked on Instagram that he was trying to sign up for Netflix but accidentally ended up with the four flick deal.

Love him or hate him, Sandler’s films have grossed more than $3 billion at the box office with hits like The Waterboy, Big Daddy, The Wedding Singer, Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore.

The films will be developed by Sandler’s Happy Madison Productions in conjunction with Netflix and will exclusively debut online in nearly 50 countries around the globe. No word yet if Rob Schneider will be in every film or not.

Permalink to story.

Regardless of whether or not the Adam Sandler movies are any good, this kind of stuff is awesome. Think about all of the Netflix original shows like orange is the new black, or how Netflix brought back the trailer park boys. The more successful Netflix is with producing movies and television shows the better the industry becomes. The broadcast industry is a slow moving giant. They're taking baby steps towards putting content online and they're kicking and screaming the entire way. They'd prefer we sit at home and watch tv on a couch but most of us would prefer to watch content anywhere we f*cking feel like it. The more successful Netflix becomes with their business model the quicker the bigger broadcast companies try to emulate this model and the more and more shows and movies get broadcast online.

I cut the cord a year ago. I do not miss television at all. My girlfriend on the other hand, I'm lucky she didn't chop my pecker off. She hated me for a month straight but then got used to Netflix and Hulu Plus on the Chromecast.

By the way, StreamTorrent with links from Wiziwig is a great way to watch sports online for free. It's not exactly HD but it works to watch football on sundays.

It's really too bad his latest work has been so...underwhelming?
He's one of those guys that's had so much success at one point it doesn't matter how many balls he drops, consumers from my generation will always love him; but it would be nice to see a new Adam Sandler movie that's on par with like a Superbad or Tropic Thunder in terms of overall success and critic ratings.

And now, a cow goes to the drive through, only to get halfway home before realizing they forgot his french fries.

By the way, StreamTorrent with links from Wiziwig is a great way to watch sports online for free. It's not exactly HD but it works to watch football on sundays.
Yeah that's a decent one, I have a great streaming source for Sports in HD for free and I ain't sharing because it will get taken down and I'll have to find its new location!

The reason Adam Sandler movies suck, is he is in it for one thing and one thing only. Money.
And that's what all these people are driven by. The more money they have the more successful they are right?
Well does that depend how they make that money? By being an inept leech like so many stars are these days, no skill in their craft. Take many of the stars who should be in jail for numerous reasons, or shunned and exiled by society, they come back and make more easy earned cash.

And Adam Sandler, is one of the worst. When one of the many friends of his who you will see making cameo like appearances in every single movie, feels their wallet is getting a tad light, he cant afford to keep hanging out at the cool spots, Adam saves the day, by announcing he will make another money spinning pile of trite.
And of course, way too many people hoping it cant possibly another failure, tho it is, heads down to the local flix and pays a fortune to watch said crap.

So thanks Netflix, for keeping A.S. and his many friends pockets filled with more undeserved cash. He already helped the Tea leaf Winona Ryder out by giving her a movie part directly after who shaming in papers. So who will he be helping out now? What other useless American No Talent skank can he help ? Lindsay Lohan? Paris Hilton?

"The reason Adam Sandler movies suck, is he is in it for one thing and one thing only. Money."

That rat b*stard. How dare he want to make money in the movie industry! He should be giving his talent away for free just like the other 99% of entertainers.

Shame they couldn't get a 'funny' comedian. Maybe good ones cost too much, and Robyn Williams is fully booked.

If you don't like Adam Sandler, get out and do better! I'm sure if you was better, Netflix would give you an offer. In the meantime I will ride the same horse and ***** about Windows. So you can tell me to get out and do better.

"The reason Adam Sandler movies suck, is he is in it for one thing and one thing only. Money."

I can't claim to be a big Sandler fan. His style of comedy just doesn't do it for me, but I do know a few people who genuinely like his films. Nevertheless, because you don't like his work and I don't like his work, that bastard doesn't deserve a dime! Not one dime!

Can I get an AMEN?!

Ah, the classic if you can't do better then it (Adam Sandler movies) isn't **** argument. Lmfao.

Back